Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Finally... a bandit!

Well, folks, it's official!

I got banded yesterday (aka had a Lap-Band inserted).  I now join the ranks of the banded.  I must say, I prefer "bandit" to "bandster," though I'm still picking up on the lingo.

Surgery went well yesterday, and I'm feeling good today.  Lots of gas (who knew that they puffed you up with CO2 like a pufferfish in order to make it easier for the surgeon to navigate around in there?), but not a lot of pain.

Today looks like a day of rest for me.  I'm going to keep up the Tylenol (I switched to the liquid kids stuff from T3s this morning because I was having a hard time with all the pills, and am really in pain) and the Ovol (gas reducer).  I'm excited as I'm on "full liquids" now, so I can have some strained soup, applesauce, thinned yogurt, milk, etc.  Little bits at a time, but it's nice to have some real foods instead of my Boost.

That's all for now!  Have a super day, everyone!

3 comments: