Saturday, September 14, 2013

I'm gonna miss it... I'm really gonna miss it...

The last week or so has been incredibly hectic - moving out of my office, unpacking our house, the start of the school year for the kidlets, etc., etc.  The kidlets are now tucked in bed, so I finally have a chance to sit, relax a bit, think, reflect (scary!!!).

So my thinking this evening gets me onto the topic of things I'm giving up in order to succeed with the Lap-Band.  There are the physical things, and the mental.

The mental "give-ups" are going to be tough, for example...

  • eating until overstuffed to combat feelings of loneliness, anxiety, sadness
  • feeling sorry for myself because I'm fat
Some of the physical "give-ups" are going to be difficult, like...
  • breads, pastries, donuts, most simple carbohydrates
  • fast foods
But the one things I am really going to miss is the one thing I have to cut out entirely, to avoid stretching my new pouch: SODA.  I <3 pop!  Now, I'm not in any means an addict, but I definitely enjoy one or two Coke Zeroes every evening.  I've read a lot, and had my dietitian inform me, that carbonated beverages can cause the pouch to stretch.  The more the pouch stretches, the more food it holds, which reduces the restriction you feel.

"Soda, my dearest,
I love your fizzy deliciousness.
I love the cold, bubbly, trail that goes from my mouth to my stomach.
But, on my new journey in healthiness, I have to give you up.
You and I can no longer be friends, though I will always think of you fondly.
Love, Kat."


No comments:

Post a Comment