Saturday, October 12, 2013

Ten things!

Had another appointment on Friday - looks like my liver is well enough to go ahead with the Lap-Band surgery.  I should get my surgery date early next week.

I was in the bathtub this afternoon, soaking away a rather chilly morning spent outside for the smallest kidlet's 6th birthday party, and I started thinking about the things I look forward to once some of this weight is off of me.

1) First off, being able to be in the bathtub, and have more water volume in the tub than fat volume.  Imagine having water cover me, instead of my body poking out of a few inches of water?!?!

2) Not having to worry about whether airplane seatbelts will fit me (I've only had to ask for an extender once, on a very small plane, but the whole thought of it worries me.)

3) Being able to buy calf-high boots that I can actually zip up.

4) Being able to buy an athletic cut swimsuit again, instead of a frumpy one with no support for actual athletic endeavours.

5) Being able to buy sexy undies.

6) Not being too fat to go ziplining, or skydiving, or bungee jumping, or any other slightly crazy things.  (I did go parasailing a couple years ago, but I just squeaked under the weight limit).

7) Being able to buy a women's wetsuit, instead of my current men's 3XL.

8) Being able to fit in my whitewater kayak again.

9) Not having to huff and puff while hiking a few kilometres.

10) Feeling like myself again!

I find it interesting that a bunch of these relate to sports and other outdoor activities.  When I saw my doctor on Friday, he asked what my main motivation was for getting the Lap-Band.  My response was: "so that I can do all the activities and sports I once loved to do!"  Verbal-diarrhea-style, I started rambling "hiking, biking, backpacking, swimming, trail running, paddling, climbing, adventure races, dogsledding, snowshoeing, skiing."  He said that was the best motivation he ever heard, which makes me feel good.

Curious as to the things other people looked forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment