Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Time to participate!

Wow.  I do a lot of blog lurking (is that called blurking?) but I haven't written in a long time.

So, after a too-fatty liver and some other health problems that delayed surgery, I am finally moving forward: I'm getting my Lap-Band on January 14, 2014, and I can honestly say I am crazy excited!  I start my pre-op diet on January 1.  What a way to start the new year!

So I've spent the last couple months doing research, having my dietitian appointments (I <3 my dietitian!), doing some meal planning, paying for the procedure (gulp!), and trying to lose a few pounds before January.

We are going away at Christmas.  The manfriend and kids and I are going to Disneyland, Legoland, and then a few days up in San Francisco. I'm going to try hard not to binge eat my final couple weeks of "freedom." We don't come home until the 5th of January, so I'm going to be taking a case of Boost Diabetic with me on the trip - lucky me!

In less than a month, I'll be banded and on my way!  Any advice for a soon-to-be new bandster?

No comments:

Post a Comment